Born in Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico, M. Andres Coronel grew up in the vibrant Coachella Valley, developing a strong connection to the community and a deep understanding of its needs. This background fuels his passion for community service and his unwavering commitment to giving back. He currently serves as a Management Analyst for the City of Indio. With a Master's Degree in Public Administration from California State University, San Bernardino, a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science from the University of California, Los Angeles, and an Associate’s Degree in Political Science from San Diego Mesa College, he holds opportunities for recreation and education in high regard.
Andres’s dedication to community service is evident through his active involvement in various organizations and initiatives. In addition to serving on the board of the Desert Recreation Foundation, Andres serves on:
- Board Chief Financial Officer for the College of the Desert Alumni Association, focusing on engaging alumni in the community.
- Board member of the Dr. Carreon Foundation, focusing on providing scholarships and other opportunities to students in the Coachella Valley and Inland Empire.
- Chair of the Riverside County Coalition for Smoke-Free Communities, advocating for healthier environments.
- Member of the Advisory Board for Project VIVE, supporting the American Cancer Society - Cancer Action Network.
- Active member of the UCLA Alumni Association and the UCLA Latino Alumni Association.
- Volunteer for the Scholarship Application Reading program, supporting aspiring students.
With a multicultural background, comprehensive education, and a genuine passion for community service, Andres is a regarded young professional in the Coachella Valley. He continually seeks opportunities for personal and professional growth, leveraging his expertise to make a meaningful impact in the organizations and communities he serves.