There are a number of ways your donation goes to work where it is needed most through The Desert Recreation Foundation:
- Financial Assistance Program provides financial support to individuals who may not have the financial means to participate at this time.
- Adaptive/Therapeutic Sports and Recreation Program allows those with disabilities the opportunity to fully participate in sports programs adapted for their disability.
- Trips for Kids supports at-risk youth by providing healthy activity, while broadening their perspectives, and exploring new areas on their bicycles.
- Marcy Hyman Scholarship Program helps keep kids safe and occupied after school.
- Palm Desert International Sports Festival offers fun competition in a variety of sporting events for 35+ up to Seniors of all ages and abilities.
- Land procurement by land donation or through your donation of financial support helps in the development of new parks
- Capital investment funding supports new community recreation facilities and the enhancement of existing ones.
Other ways to help:
- Adopt-A-Park — Individuals and businesses can provide hands-on supervision of a DRD park, sharing in the maintenance costs and overhead, providing resources and coordinating volunteers. Your organization will be recognized with branded on-site signage and mentioned on various DRD promotional vehicles
- Volunteer — The Foundation is always appreciative of time donated to help at any number of sponsored events. Volunteering is a great way to become more involved with the fun side of our communities and residents.